it’s pretty common for people discussing rape culture within feminist discourse to conveniently leave out disabled girls, but this is just a casual reminder that disabled women are far more likely to be sexually assaulted, abused or raped than able-bodied women. on top of that, 50% of deaf girls and 54% of deaf boys have been sexually abused or assaulted. so please stop leaving us out of your discussion about rape culture.
Things I did those past few days with no Internet
- went to the Musée des Tissus
- ate plantain fries for the first time
- read The Cuckoo’s Calling
- read The Importance of Being Earnest
- discovered that Decitre Part-Dieu has a surprisingly okay and reasonably-priced English-language section and bought six books for 25€
- started reading Death on the Nile
- played The Sims 3
- rewatched one or possibly two seasons of The Golden Girls
- bought ten pairs of socks and three pairs of tights in anticipation of cold weather
- made chocolate-and-coconut-dipped speculoos biscuits
I’ll have limited Internet access for the next ten days or so, so I won’t be around much. See you in October!
That’s a mighty fine accident you’ve gotten yourself into :). I like it a lot. Are you going to color it?
Thank you! I think I’m going to go with my natural colour for a while. It’s “more professional,” and there’s only so much dyeing one’s hair can take (I actually decided to cut my hair because the dyed ends were so damaged). Also I haven’t been my natural colour in 3 years so it will be a nice change (and it’ll save me a little money).